What you can do out and about and at home.
1. Bring reusable bags, cups and to go containers to The Chive and other places you shop. Return containers to The Chive.
2. Buy local products from The Chive and farmers close to you or at the many farmers markets in the area.
3. Attend a sustainability class offered at The Chive.
4. Use a reusable water bottle and avoid buying bottles of water.
5. Plant native trees and shrubs in your yard which helps the soil, the air and the wildlife.
6. Check out the packaging something is in before you buy it. Can it be recycled. If not, find an alternative. (especially hard Styrofoam packaging)
7. Create a recycling center in your home and recycle all you can. There is a great recycling center just of I-49 at Red Bridge Rd. Open Wed – Sat 8-5.
8. Walk or bike somewhere instead of drive.
9. Turn your heat down a degree or two and your AC up a degree or two. Turn off any lights not in use.
10. Consider buying an electric car as they become more available and affordable.
11. Simplify your cleaning products to bleach, vinegar, baking soda, and biodegradable dish soap.